From our popular storytime to our engaging reading programs, the Hudson Area Public Library is a great resource for kids of all ages. Check out some our programs below and make sure to visit the calendar to see all of our upcoming kid-friendly events!
Upcoming Children’s Programs
Check out our activities below and mark your calendar so you don’t miss out on any of the fun.
- October 12, 10:15-11 am: Mermaids & Mariners Storytime
- October 14, 10:30-11:15 am: Preschool Sensory STEM Stations
- October 14, 6:00-7:00 pm: K-Kids (a service club for grades 3-6)
- October 17, 6:30-7:30 pm: Kids’ Choice Book Club
- October 19, 10:30-11:45am: Read with Marley
- October 20, 1:00-3:00pm: Sunday Family Movie-“Monsters Inc.”
- October 21, 6:00-7:00pm: K-Kids: A Service Club for Kids
- October 22, 6:00-7:00pm: STEM with UW-Extension – Explosions & Slime
- October 26, 10:30-11:45am: Read with Edgrrrr
- October 26, 12:30-2:30pm: Halloween at the Library
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
You are invited to participate in our 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program! The concept is simple and the rewards are priceless. Read a book (any book) to your newborn, infant, and/or toddler. The goal is to have read 1,000 books (yes you can repeat books) before your little one starts kindergarten. Don’t be intimidated – if you read just 1 book a night, you will have read about 365 books in a year. That is 730 books in two years and 1,095 books in three years. The key is perseverance so let’s make it exciting! When your child reaches a milestone, stop by the Hudson Area Public Library for a small reward (stickers, books). We will help you track your progress and provide rewards along the way!
To register, stop by the Youth Services Desk and ask a librarian the next time you visit the Library.
Who can participate?
Any child from birth until they enter Kindergarten.
How does the program work?
Just sign-up and track your reading in your online log (or paper log, if you prefer). Then, come in and pick up your child’s prizes.
- 100 books
- 250 books
- 500 books
- 750 books
- 1,000 books
Thanks to Hudson Area Library Foundation and the Friends of the Hudson Area Public Library for their generous sponsorship of this program.
Join us for Storytime!
Storytime at the Hudson Public Library has been a community favorite for years. Get kids engaged in the magic of books through a live storytelling of some of your favorite stories and some tales you have yet to hear! The current session begins September 10 and ends December 11.
SCHEDULE SEPTEMBER 10 – DECEMBER 18
- Toddler Time (2-3 years) – Tuesdays at 10:15 am
- Babies and Books – Wednesdays 10:15 am
- Stories for All (0-5 years) – Wednesdays at 11:15 am
- Snacks and PJs Storytime (0-5 years) – Thursdays 6 pm