From our popular storytime to our engaging reading programs, the Hudson Area Public Library is a great resource for kids of all ages. Check out some our programs below and make sure to visit the calendar to see all of our upcoming kid-friendly events!
Our Summer Reading Program is Open Tuesdays from 1:00 – 2:30 pm
Check out our summer reading program activities below and mark your calendar so you don’t miss out on any of the fun.
- June 5: Book Your Summer Reading Program Kickoff – With Emily Snake Discovery and Pepperfest Royalty – snacks & crafts!
- June 12: The Big Fun Show! A comedy, juggling, magic, modern vaudeville, one-man circus event.
- June 19: Dazzling Dave Yo-Yo Master – Great for the whole family and tons of fun
- June 26: Remarkable Reptiles – A variety of unique, beautiful, living reptiles
- July 10: The Magic of Isaiah – An interactive comedy magic show
- July 17: The Bazillions – Rock’n’Roll kid style
- July 24: The Minnesota Raptor Center – Featuring American bald eagles
- July 31: MN Jack Sparrow – The storytelling pirate
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
You are invited to participate in our 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program! The concept is simple and the rewards are priceless. Read a book (any book) to your newborn, infant, and/or toddler. The goal is to have read 1,000 books (yes you can repeat books) before your little one starts kindergarten. Don’t be intimidated – if you read just 1 book a night, you will have read about 365 books in a year. That is 730 books in two years and 1,095 books in three years. The key is perseverance so let’s make it exciting! When your child reaches a milestone, stop by the Hudson Area Public Library for a small reward (stickers, books). We will help you track your progress and provide rewards along the way!
Register Online or ask a Children’s Librarian the next time you visit the Library.
Who can participate?
Any child from birth until they enter Kindergarten.
How does the program work?
Just sign-up and track your reading in your online log (or paper log, if you prefer). Then, come in and pick up your child’s prizes.
- 100 books
- 250 books
- 500 books
- 750 books
- 1,000 books
Thanks to Hudson Area Library Foundation and the Friends of the Hudson Area Public Library for their generous sponsorship of this program.
Join us for Storytime!
Storytime at the Hudson Public Library has been a community favorite for years. Get kids engaged in the magic of books through a live storytelling of some of your favorite stories and some tales you have yet to hear!
The Next Storytime Sessions Begin April 4
- Toddler Time (2-3 years) – Tuesdays at 10:15 am
- Babies and Books – Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10:15 am
- Stories for All (0-5 years) – Wednesdays at 11:15 am
Resources for our Community Kids
Ebooks for Children (Hudson library cardholders only)
Follow this link for a list of resources: Autism Resources
Found in the Parent-Teacher room, located in the Children’s Department.
Available for in-library use
No charge for copies and lamination