Books and eBooks
TumbleBookLibrary is a curated database of children’s e-books, available by subscription to Elementary Schools and Public Libraries around the world.
WISCAT is combined catalog of Wisconsin libraries that contains seven million titles and more than 32 million holdings–books, videos etc.–from over 1,200 Wisconsin libraries. If you didn’t find it in MORE, then search WISCAT. Contact your library to place a hold.
General Research Resources
Resources for Youth and Students from BadgerLink
High School Resources
Other Resources for Youth & Students
College Resources for Students with Disabilities
Best Colleges Overview of college resources for students with disabilities.
Transparent Languages offers 100s of language options. If you’ve been thinking of learning a new language, why not start today? Transparent Languages will help you learn a new language by with core skill-building and practices activities.
BadgerLink Learning Resources:
Business & Entrepreneurs
BadgerLink Business Resources
Genealogy and Research
Nancy L. Hawkinson Local History Room
Books, manuscripts, maps, microfilm, newspapers, school yearbooks, phone books, church books and local cemetery indexes for the City of Hudson, the St. Croix Valley, and St. Croix County.
Digital, searchable images of U.S. federal census records with the digitized version of the popular ProQuest Genealogy & Local History collection and other valuable content. A BadgerLink resource.
Job Seeker A collection of free resources recommended by Wisconsin public libraries.
Health & Wellness
Manage Your Library Books
Library Elf helps you keep track of your library holds and due dates. You can keep track of one or more library accounts in one place and receive reminders and notification. Reminders are sent when you want them.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
A nationwide challenge that encourages parents and caregivers to share stories and read aloud to their children.
SERVICES AVAILABLE AT THE LIBRARY
Computer / Internet Access
- 13 computers for public Internet access (one is in the Teen area).
- Require a MORE library card for use.
- Each individual may use the computers for 1 hour per day with an additional 1 hour when computers are available.
- Black and white printing is 10 cents per page, color is 50 cents per page.
- Microsoft Office 2013 available on all computers.
Copying and Scanning
- 2 self-service copiers available.
- Letter (8.5 x 11), legal (8.5 x 14) and ledger (11 x 17) available.
- Black and white copies are 10 cents per page and color copies (letter and legal only) are 50 cents per page.
- Scanning to a flash drive/USB flash drive is available at no charge.
- Charge is 50 cents per page for receiving and sending.
- No sending to international phone numbers.
- We will hold received faxes for 7 days. After that, they will be shredded.
- A limited number of tax forms are available January-April.
- Tax forms can be downloaded from the Internet. The cost to print is 10 cents a page.
Proctoring is available at the library.
Free WiFi is available on both floors. The network name is “public library.” No passwords are necessary since it is an open system.