The Hudson Area Public Library offers a variety of materials you can check out with a library card either from our location or online from home. Find your next favorite book, peruse a magazine, watch a movie with the family, listen to some great music and even learn something new! The Library offers something for everyone in our community.
Find your books in print and pixels
Find your next great read on our shelves or online! With your Library Card, you can check out books traditionally at the library or online with ebooks. You can reserve books in print or ebook on the MORE catalog system. Ebooks that are available for check out can be viewed immediately from anywhere! Check out an ebook while you travel or are just out and about.
We have so many more resources beyond the MORE Catalog for you to explore. Make sure to review additional books and e-reading partners in our Resources Available Online section.
Want to share your reading experience? Try our Book Club Kits!
Create your own book club and check out a kit for 8 weeks. It’s a fun way to share your love of books with people you know! Simply designate one member of your group to be responsible for the checkout and the return of the kit. Please note that there are no extensions on the 8-week duration and there is a $1 per day overdue fine with a maximum fine of $20 per kit. Explore the Book Kit Collection now!
- Loan Periods
Most materials may be checked out for three weeks. Some libraries may limit new materials to 14 days.
- DVDs and magazines (with the exception of current issues and the reference copy of Consumer’s Reports) may be checked out for 7 days. Television series generally have a loan period of 14 days.
- Lucky Day books may be checked out for 7 days and cannot be renewed.
- Rental DVDs may be checked out for 3 days and cannot be renewed. $1.00 for 3-day checkout.
- There is a limit of 100 items checked out per card at any one time.
- Reserving Materials
- If a book is not on the shelf, check with the librarians. They can tell you if it is checked out or missing.
- If the book is checked out, a reserve can be placed. If you have Internet access at home, you may place your own reserves using the MORE catalog.
- There is a reserve limit of 50 items per card at any one time.
- When the book comes in, you will be notified by phone, email or text message.
- If the book is missing, the staff can request a copy from another library.
- Returning Materials
- When the library is open, you can return materials to drop behind the circulation desk or the outside drop.
- When the library is closed, you will need to return materials in the outside drop on the north side of the library.
- You can also return materials to any MORE library.
- Please check materials to make sure that you have not left anything important in books and magazines and that the DVDs are the ones that you checked out.
- You may renew by phone, in person or use the online catalog. Go to “My Account” on the upper left side of the page.
- It is not necessary to bring the materials to the library.
- There is a limit of two renewals on most items.
- Materials with a waiting list may not be renewed.
- Overdue Charges
- Overdue charges vary by owning library.
- Hudson-owned adult materials are fine free.
- Hudson-owned children’s materials are fine free.
- Hudson-owned DVDs are fine free.
- Lucky Day books have an overdue charge of 50 cents/day up to $5 an item.
- Rental DVDs have a $1.00/day/item overdue charge up to $10 per item.
- Book Discussion Kits have an overdue charge of $1 per day.
- Lawn Games have an overdue charge of $1.00 per item up to $10 an item.
- How to Pay Library Fees
Once fees reach $10 or more, your library card is locked. Fees need to be under $10 for you to use your card. Fees can be paid at any MORE library or you can pay online if they are more than $1. To pay fees online, visit your account at more.lib.wi.us.