Presented by Karen Kodzik, Cultivating Careers, St. Paul. Register online or at the front desk. Register for one or both.
Part 1 – 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Part 2 – 7:15 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
Part 1 Title: Job Searching in the Tech Age: Scanning Software, Social Media and Networking
Topics in Part 1:
- How the hiring process changed in the last few years, from online applications to hiring software that scans key words in your resume.
- New cover letter and resume-writing practices.
- Importance of social media like LinkedIn.
- Cleaning up your online presence
- Networking strategies
Part 2 Title: Embarking on a Career Transition: Strategies and Pitfalls
Topics covered in Part 2:
- Assess transferable skills for a new industry or a new career
- Determine possible skill development or enhancement needs
- Learn about prospects associated with getting a new degree (bachelors, masters, tech) and develop a cost-benefit analysis.
- Discuss how to research career options to ensure viability and employability