In honor of National Library Card Month in September, we’re launching a community scavenger hunt for a new iPad mini! The only condition for participation: You have to have a MORE library card to claim the prize.
How it works:
Beginning at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 7, we will release clues every 45 minutes until 2:30 p.m. (the library closes at 3 p.m.) or until someone finds the library card. Clues will be posted on the library doors and on Facebook.
If nobody finds the card by 3 p.m. Saturday, we will resume releasing clues at noon on Sunday.
We’ll celebrate our recognition of National Library Card Monday and Sunday hours with a special performance “The Magic of Eric Carle” at 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 8.
– You must have a MORE library card to win.
– You will look for a library card hidden on public property in the city limits of Hudson. The card will say WINNER.
– Do not enter private property.
– You will not have to break into a building or dismantle equipment/property. Do not damage property during your search.
– Adults should accompany young children.
– For the safety of young patrons, IF the card is hidden at Lakefront Park, it will not be within 20 feet of the water, nor would we place it on the island at the end of the pier or on the pier itself.
– Do not get close to any bodies of water. Do not climb anything. Do not search streets or wander into traffic.
– Library staff cannot give hints or elaborate on the clues.
– Library staff and their family members cannot participate in the hunt.
– As soon as the iPad is found, we’ll make an announcement on Facebook, and post it in the building, and no more clues will be released.