Interested in borrowing from the Library? Getting a free library card is easy and allows you to check out materials from 50 libraries that share the MORE online catalog and get materials from other libraries outside the MORE system through Interlibrary Loan. This include physical materials, ebooks and more! Any Wisconsin resident is eligible for a library card. Minnesota residents are also eligible to get a card for a fee of $25 per year.
- How to Get a Library Card
Ready to fill out application for a library card? There are some details that will help the process go smoother. Please take a minute to review the info below before filling out the form.
- One application form needs to be filled out for each person applying for a library card.
- Use your full legal name (Katherine Anne Smith, not Kate Smith).
- The forms should be used for first-time cardholders only.
- You do not need to complete the “Other ID” field if the driver’s license field is completed.
- If your ID does not have your current address, proof of residence must be shown such as a utility bill or printed check.
- The minimum age for a card is 3.
- Minnesota residents need to pay a $25 annual fee before a library card will be issued. You can pay the fee at the library when picking up the card.
- If you are under age 16, your mother, father or legal guardian will need to show proof of current residential address at the library before a card will be issued.
- If you are a student, make sure to include BOTH your local residential address and your permanent address (for many students this may be their parents’ address).
On your next visit to the library, stop at the circulation desk and show something with your name and current residential address (driver’s license, state ID, mail sent to you, etc.). You will then be issued a library card.
Get A Card Now
- If You Lose a Library Card
A patron who loses their card should notify the library as soon as possible to prevent misuse of the card. Lost cards may be replaced at the circulation desk in the library for a $1.00 fee. Please bring proof of identification to purchase a replacement card.
Contact us at 715-386-3101 if you have any questions.
- How to Pay Library Fines
Once fines reach $10 or more, your library card is locked. Fines need to be under $10 for you to use your card. Fines can be paid at any MORE library or you can pay online if they are more than $1.
To pay fines online, visit your account at more.lib.wi.us.