Interested in borrowing from the Library? Getting a free library card is easy and allows you to check out materials from 50 libraries that share the MORE online catalog and get materials from other libraries outside the MORE system through Interlibrary Loan. This include physical materials, ebooks and more! Any Wisconsin resident is eligible for a library card. Minnesota residents are also eligible to get a card for a fee of $25 per year.
- How to Get a Library Card
Ready to fill out application for a library card? There are some details that will help the process go smoother. Please take a minute to review the info below before filling out the form.
- One application form needs to be filled out for each person applying for a library card.
- Use your full legal name (Katherine Anne Smith, not Kate Smith) but you may enter alternates (Kate) in the Preferred Name Box.
- The forms should be used for first-time cardholders only.
- The minimum age for a card is 3.
- Minnesota residents need to pay a $25 annual fee before a library card will be issued. You can pay the fee at the library when picking up the card or at more.lib.wi.us once your PIN is set up.
- If you are under age 16, your mother, father or legal guardian will need to show proof of current residential address at the library before a card will be issued.
- If you are a student, make sure to include BOTH your local residential address and your permanent address (for many students this may be their parents’ address).
When you come to pick up your new card at the circulation desk, please present your driver’s license or state ID with your name and current residential address. If your ID does not have your current address, proof of residence must be shown such as a utility bill or printed check.
Get an E-Card
If you don’t have a regular library card from a MORE-member library and you’re a Wisconsin resident, you can get an e-card to use MORE’s shared electronic resources. Find the e-card self-registration form here.
Get A Card Now
- If You Lose a Library Card
A patron who loses their card should notify the library as soon as possible to prevent misuse of the card. Lost cards may be replaced at the circulation desk in the library for a $1.00 fee. Please bring proof of identification to purchase a replacement card.
Contact us at 715-386-3101 if you have any questions.
- How to Pay Library Fines
Once fines reach $10 or more, your library card is locked. Fines need to be under $10 for you to use your card. Fines can be paid at any MORE library or you can pay online if they are more than $1.
To pay fines online, visit your account at more.lib.wi.us.