Teens and 'Tweens
ACTIVITIES FOR 'TWEENS AND TEENS (click for more details)
TEEN HEALTH AND WELLNESS RESOURCE
Teen Health & Wellness provides middle and high school students with nonjudgmental, straightforward, curricular and self-help support, aligned to state, national, and provincial standards. Topics include diseases, drugs and alcohol, nutrition, mental health, suicide and bullying, green living, LGBTQ issues, and more.
All content in Teen Health & Wellness is created for teens with their unique concerns and perspective in mind. Information throughout is presented using a sensitive, respectful, and age-appropriate approach. Teen-friendly articles makes complex topics understandable. They also give insight into the teen experience—crucial for parents, teachers, librarians, therapists, and others who are a part of teens’ lives and support them.
In addition, all content strives to be inclusive in terms of race, sex, religion, economic status, and other teen experiences. All content is reviewed by leading professionals in medicine, mental health, nutrition, guidance, and career counseling.
TEEN ADVISORY BOARD
Teen Advisory Board (T.A.B.) members are teens in 6th-12th grade committed to helping the Hudson Area Public Library and the community.
Why join T.A.B?
- Make new friends!
- Suggest books, magazines, CDs and movies for the Library to purchase.
- Plan programs & events for you and your friends.
- Gain volunteer experience that looks great on a resume.
- Help create a fun and comfortable atmosphere for teens @ the Library.
What is expected of T.A.B. members?
- Attend meetings and contact the TAB coordinator if you are unable to attend a meeting.
- Be an active participant in the group.
- Attend/assist with programs.
We meet on the second Wednesday of each month from 3:30 to 4:30 pm.
Last page update: January 22, 2018