Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Hudson Area Library is a non-profit 501(c)3 group of dedicated library volunteers. Our goal is to enhance, expand and promote our library's services and resources. Your membership offers you the opportunity to share your thoughts, donate your time and lend your talents.
Membership form (PDF format)
Membership form (PDF format - fill-in form)
Recently, the Friends of the Library awarded scholarships to 4 library employees. Friends of the Library president, Joyce Law, is shown awarding (L to R) Grace Sacher, Megan Buchanan, Tanner Moore, and Collin Kiesow.
What We Do. . .
- Contribute $15,000 a year to the library budget
- Advocate for the library at local municipalities
- Support children's programs
- Add "extras" and improvements to the library such as comfortable reading chairs, microfilm reader and digital camera
- Provide social and leadership opportunities for teens thorugh the Teen Advisory Board
- Recognize and reward the library staff throughout the year
- Encourage community involvement in the use of the library
- Sponsor and coordinate adult programs
Meetings are held the second Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm. Check the Library column in the Hudson Star Observer newspaper for exact dates. New members are always welcome!
Used Book Sales
- The main source of income along with memberships.
- The Friends maintain an ongoing book sale year around.
- All books donated are tax deductible. Forms are available at the donation counter by the Friends bookstore on the second level.
- Books are accepted anytime the library is open
- Books from estates are gladly accepted.
What Happens To Donated Books?
- Some are used to expand the library's lending collection.
- Some are used to replace worn books in the library collection.
- Some are used for prizes in the children's programs.
- Some of local interest are placed in the history room.
- Some are shared with Grace Place, Turning Point, our patriots in the armed services, teachers, homeschoolers and other non-profit organizations.
- Some are sold online for additional income at abebooks.com.
For more information, contact Pat Z. at 715-386-2055.